Imagine that you’re an expert in the principles of business leadership. You have been invited to present at a conference held for some of the top executives at Fortune 500 companies. Your assigned topic is “Leveraging Leadership to Maximize Business Success.”
Create a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you address the following:
- Introduction to leadership:
- Explain the differences between management and leadership, and how cultivating leadership skills in managers can benefit the organization.
- Explain how managers can set effective expectations for their employees to increase organizational performance.
- Organizational culture:
- Describe how managers, when applying leadership principles, can contribute to a healthy organizational culture.
- Managerial control:
- Identify some of the key control mechanisms, and describe how management can apply them to aid in achieving organizational goals.
- Leveraging diversity:
- Summarize some of the best practices for leading a diverse workforce, and the benefits that can come to the organization through leveraging diversity.
Support your presentation with the concepts discussed in the text, and your personal experiences. Your in-class presentation should include your analysis of managerial control, organizational culture and leveraging diversity. Your in-class presentation should be no more than 15 minutes.
Include the speaker notes to explain the key points in your presentation.