- Identify an organization in your location that complements the knowledge and skills you have developed during your program. (May be hypothetical.)
- Identify a leadership role that you would enjoy having within this organization. If you are not interested in a career, identify something that you think would be rewarding if you were advancing your career.
- Identify the following in association with this organization and position:
- Research question: What is happening in the organization that could be researched?
- Hypothesis: State why you believe it is happening.
- What dependent variables/factors do you believe may be affecting your chosen scenario (i.e., age, workload, work shift, ineffective communications)?
- What type of factor did you identify (i.e., nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio)?
- Are there any potential extraneous variables? Why or why not. If so please list two to three.
- Method: What method would best reflect an accurate analysis of the situation (e.g., quasi-experimental or phenomenology, etc.)? Include your rationale.
- Lastly, discuss how an understanding of the basics of research and statistics can help a person in decision making, whether in an organization, or even in a social situation.
Discussion posts should equate to approximately 350 to 400 words.
Peer Responses: Review several of your classmates’ posts. Provide a substantive response to at least two of your peers in a minimum of 200 words. Share your ideas about how to address the research identified by your peer. Offer insight, based on your own perspective and understanding of research. Offer additional strategies for assessing the situation.
Instructor Responses: Review any instructor feedback on your postings. Often feedback is shared to help you to elevate your level of critical thought or make corrections. Reply based on this feedback to advance your understanding of the content addressed.