1. Is the international system inherently conflictual? How can non-state actors use their power to constrain states?
2. What is sovereignty in the international system? How does the emergence of non-state actors like ngos, cities, business markets, and regional organizations challenge traditional ideas about sovereignty?
3. What is the difference between International Organizations and Non-Governmental International Organizations? Give specific examples.
4. What are the challenges of global governance in the 21st Century? Do international organizations have what it takes to confront these challenges?
5. What non-state actors are most interesting to you personally? Identify one or two types of groups that are interesting to you and form a robust argument for how they influence international politics.