Discussion Question/Prompt [Due Wednesday]
Locate a research study (2015 or later) on your topic of choice. Explore the research study and review the participants, procedures (methods section) of the article. Then, answer the following questions related to your selected article/study (Be sure to cite the article in APA format and provide a link to your article on the discussion board for your classmates).
- Describe the participant protections provided by the researchers for participants.
- How were the participants selected? How might this impact ethical principles within the study?
- Would the participants in this study be considered “vulnerable”? Why or why not?
- Were participants subjected to any physical harm or discomfort or psychological distress as part of the study? What efforts did the researchers make to minimize harm and maximize good?
- Does the report discuss steps that were taken to protect the privacy and confidentiality of study participant?
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets the criteria.