You were provided with literature on Solution-Focused Brief Therapy with the case of Jim. You will write 5 pages in the APA 7th Edition format. You will use the literature and Jim’s case to justify your critical thinking on Motivational Interviewing and Solution-Focused Brief Therapy. Respond to the following:
- Briefly state Jim’s presenting problem and background history. You must be succinct and brief using the facts of the case.
- How would you use Motivational Interviewing to help Jim with his crack/cocaine and alcohol use? Where in the Cycle of Change do you think Jim is? Why?
- Using Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, what might you help prioritize with Jim? Why? What will be the skills you will use to help Jim prioritize the problem(s) that need to be addressed?
- How would you work with Jim’s physician to help him gain trust and an understanding of how ACE may have an impact on his health?
- What are some of the cultural considerations you will need to consider in working with Jim? How would you intervene to engage Jim so that he feels you are aligning with him?
This work must be written in English and literature to substantiate your thoughts.