Read the attached A Brief History of Quality Improvement in Health Care and Spinal Surgery and watch Quality Improvement in Healthcare (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq52ZjMzqyI). Address parts 1 & 2 in 500 to 600 words with a minimum of 2 scholarly sources published within the last 5 years and formatted according to APA style.
Part 1: Continued Quality Improvement
The United States has had the highest health care costs in the world, but the quality of care has been ranked at the bottom of the industrial countries. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act has prompted high quality of care with lower costs. Over the past decade, health care organizations have striven to meet various quality measures. However, there is still a long way to go.
In your initial post,
- Discuss the evolution of the quality improvement movement from the global perspective.
- Describe the relationship between health care quality and continuous quality improvement.
Part 2: Accreditation
Accreditation is an external review process that allows health care organizations to demonstrate their ability to meet regulatory requirements and predetermined performance standards established by a recognized accreditation entity. Even though accreditation is voluntary and has fees associated with it, there are financial and legal incentives for health care organizations to seek accreditation.
Review the information on Accreditation Commission for Health Care (https://www.achc.org), and address the following:
- Describe the organization, including the mission, programs, and services.
- Identify benefits to obtain accreditation from Accreditation Commission for Health Care.
- Select one accreditation program from Accreditation Commission for Health Care, and explain why it is important.