Topic: Conceptual-Theoretical-Empirical Structure (CTE) Evaluation
Conceptual models, theories, and empirical indicators are linked and provide a nursing knowledge system to apply the model or theory to nursing practice, research, and education. Advanced-practice nurses are required to understand the linkages as applied to nursing and translate the components into practice. To continue development of nursing knowledge, advanced practice nurses can create structure to test theory.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Write a 1,000-1,250 word paper examining how the Conceptual – Theoretical – Empirical (CTE) structure translates into nursing practice based on one of the middle range theories that has been formulated or derived from your preferred conceptual model of nursing. Translate and apply the selected theory to nursing practice using actual examples. Evaluate the theory using the CTE steps below:
1. Evaluation of the conceptual-theoretical-empirical linkages.
2. Evaluation of the selected theory.
3. Evaluation of the empirical indicators.
4. Evaluation of research findings.
5. Evaluation of the utility and soundness of the practice theory.
1. Philosophies and Theories for Advanced Nursing Practice: chapter 5.
a. URL: http://gcumedia.com/digital-resources/jones-and-bartlett/2013/philosophies-and-theories-for-advanced-nursing-practice-butts-philosophies-and-theories-for-advanced-nursing-practice_ebook_2e.php
2. Evolution of the Mid-Range Theory of Comfort for Outcomes Research
a. Kolcaba, K. (2001). Evolution of the mid-range theory of comfort for outcomes research. Nursing Outlook, 49(2), 86-92.
3. Comparison between Two Nursing Theories: Rogers and Leddy
a. Rahim, L. (2016). Comparison between two nursing theories: Rogers and Leddy. Journal on Nursing, 6(1), 1-5.
4. Middle-Range Nursing Theories are Necessary for the Advancement of the Discipline
a. Fawcett, J. (2005). Middle-range nursing theories are necessary for the advancement of the discipline. Aquichan, 5(1), 32-43.
5. Review of Research Related to Kristen Swanson’s Middle-Range Theory of Caring
a. Andershed, B., & Olsson, K. (2009). Review of research related to Kristen Swanson’s middle-range theory of caring. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences, 23(3), 598-610.
6. Middle Range Theory: Spinning Research and Practice to Create Knowledge for the New Millennium
a. Liehr, P., & Smith, M.J. (1999). Middle range theory: Spinning research and practice to create knowledge for the new millennium. Advances in Nursing Science, 21(4), 81-91.
7. Using Data From Critical Care Nurses to Validate Swanson’s Phenomenological Derived Middle Range Caring Theory
a. Hanson, M. (2004). Using data from critical care nurses to validate Swanson’s phenomenological derived middle range caring theory. Journal of Theory Construction and Testing, 8(1), 21-25.
8. Caring Model: Putting Research into Practice
a. Amendolair, D. (2012). Caring model: Putting research into practice. International Journal for Human Caring, 16(4), 14-21.
9. Marie-Luise Friedmann. (n.d.). Florida International University [Faculty web page].
a. This website provides information on the Framework of Systemic Organization Treatment Model.
10. Conceptual Framework for Comfort Theory
a. Conceptual framework for comfort theory. (n.d.). The Comfort Line.
b. This website provides information on comfort theory.