As one of the program outcomes for the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program, students must apply the principles of systems analysis and design to fundamental business systems within the organization.
The final individual paper for this class includes three sections; the final section is due in Week Four. One section of the paper is due each week.
Note: The Individual assignments for weeks 2 through 4 of this course have been identified as a tool to assist in the university’s Programmatic Assessment Project. As such, completed student assignments may be periodically sampled for program analysis purposes.
Complete Section 1 of the Service Request SR-rm-022 paper. Using the Service Request SR-rm-022 for Riordan Manufacturing, analyze the HR system.
Resource: Virtual Organizations link under Academic Resources for Riordan Manufacturing and Service Request.
Prepare a 4- to 6-page paper that accomplishes the following:
- What key stakeholders in Riordan Manufacturing would you gather requirements from?
- Describe the information-gathering techniques and systems analysis tools you would propose for the project.
- Identify the key factors that help ensure the information required for the project is gathered successfully.
- Explain what project scope is and why it is important. Describe the areas of project feasibility that are examined in the analysis phase of the SCLC.
- Cite and discuss 2 to 3 references, in addition to the required readings, that are relevant to the assignment. Include citations and references formatted consistent with APA guidelines.