Bus650 managerial finance evaluation of corporate performance
Evaluation of Corporate Performance
The Final Paper will involve applying the concepts learned in class to an analysis of a company using data from its annual report. Using the concepts from this course, you will analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the company and write a report recommending whether or not to purchase the company stock.
The completed report should include:
- An introduction to the company, including background information.
- A financial statement review.
- Pro Forma financial statements (Balance Sheet and Income Statement) for the next two fiscal years, assuming a 10% growth rate in sales and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) for each of the next two years.
- A ratio analysis for the last fiscal year using at least two ratios from each of the following categories:
b. Financial leverage
c. Asset management
e. Market value
- Calculate Return on Equity (ROE) using the DuPont system.
- Assess management performance by calculating Economic Value Added (EVA).
- Evaluate the soundness of the company’s financial policies (e.g. capital structure, debt, leverage, dividend policy, etc.) based on the material covered during class.
- A synopsis of your findings, including your recommendations and rationale for whether or not to purchase stock from this company.
This report should be 15 to 20 pages long, excluding title page and reference page(s), using APA 6th edition formatting guidelines. Support your findings and recommendations with evidence from at least five scholarly sources in addition to the annual report, such as the textbook, industry reports, and articles from the Ashford University Library. Be sure to include links to websites that were used as references or to access company information.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be 15 to 20 double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
– Title of paper
– Student’s name
– Course name and number
– Instructor’s name
– Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.