An Annotated Bibliography organizes your research by way of APA citations and a short paragraph about each source. For this Assignment, you will create an Annotated Bibliography for four sources related to an argument for change. One of the sources should address an opposing viewpoint or misconception related to your topic. When you find reliable and relevant sources, your instructor will provide insightful feedback on the sources you intend to use in an argument for change in your community or workplace.
The following aspects are required for your Annotated Bibliography Assignment:
- Title page in APA manuscript format.
- Your potential thesis statement for an argument for change in your community or workplace.
- Four sources from at least four of the categories below:
- Book, ebook, article, or a chapter from book or ebook
- Periodical (e.g., newspaper, magazine, journal article)
- Internet source (e.g., blog, organization website, article from Internet site)
- Video or audio source (e.g., documentary, video blog, TED Talks, podcast)
- A source material in which the authors of the content are the primary researchers (the ones who conducted research)
- At least one source should address an opposing viewpoint or misconception.
- APA citation for each source (this is the information you would normally include on a references page).
- Annotation for each source, which must include each of the following in a full paragraph:
- Brief summary of the source (no direct quotes from the source) and a parenthetical citation after the summary, e.g., (Smith, 2014)
- Evaluation of the source’s credibility, including the author’s credentials and the verifiability of the source’s information
- Discussion about the source’s usefulness to an argument for change in your community or workplace
- All writing must be in Standard American English.
- Use APA manuscript format throughout the Assignment.
To help you complete this Assignment successfully, please review the resources noted below, including relevant articles from Kaplan University Writing Center that discuss how to write an annotated bibliography, find/evaluate research, and use APA citations. The previously noted Learning Activities related to evaluating sources will also help in your writing of this Assignment.