Assignment: Grievance Arbitration Case Reviews
- Obtain two labor arbitration reports, either from the Internet or through your online library. Both reports should focus on the same type of issue (e.g., discipline, safety violations, termination, etc.).
- Select one report that occurred within the past 10 years, and another that occurred at least 20 years ago.
- Review the arbitrators’ decisions in the two cases you selected.
- Write a paper of approximately 750 words that addresses the following:
- Summarize the arbitration reports, including the nature of each case and the arbitrators’ rulings.
- What factors influenced the arbitrators’ decisions? Did these factors differ between the two cases?
- Compare the criteria that arbitrators used to make their decisions in each case. If criteria has changed during the time between the two cases, discuss if this change is positive or negative.
- Include a minimum of two sources, which may consist of readings from the University Library, your text, or other selections.
- Format your paper using West Writing Style Handbook guidelines.