Assignment: Ethical Assessment of a Group
During this week, watch 1vtelevised panel discussions and/or a live discussions. Select discussions that deal with serious issues, one that could include conflicting positions and ethical questions. Some of the political/current affairs panels on television give outstanding examples of both poor ethical processes as well as good and poor examination of ethical issues. Meet the Press, Crossfire, Washington Week in Review, and Newsmakers, are some good examples. Discuss the following:
- What were the ethical issues faced in each discussion?
- How did the participants address these ethical issues?
- In what ways did the participants establish credibility, confidence and trustworthiness?
- Evaluate effective group communication skills in practice.
- How can you apply your observations to your group for this class?
You also may use the course materials and our interactive discussions for Unit 3 to write a response paper at least 1 pages long. Please include an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Use the outside resources, course materials and specific, personal examples to substantiate your claims. All references need to be documented in APA style.
Complete the Unit 3 Assignment by Tuesday, 11:59 p.m. ET at the end of Unit 3.
Submitting your Assignment
Put your Assignment in a Word document. Save it in a location and with a name that you will remember.
When you are ready to submit it, click on the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says Submit an Assignment.
- In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit 3: Assignment.
- In the “Comments” field, include at least the title of your paper.
- Click the Add Attachments button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
- To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it. Click the Dropbox to access it.
- Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted Assignment.