As you move forward to reflect on the process of writing your Literary Analysis Draft in Week Three, watch the video Writing the Compare and Contrast Essay, which provides an overview of the writing process. This may seem familiar if you have taken a course in introductory writing (e.g., Freshman Composition, Introduction to Composition, Composition I). Keep this writing process in mind as you follow the instructions below to reflect on your work.
In this journal
- Discuss the process you used to write the literary analysis for the Week Three rough draft assignment.
- Describe how a literary analysis is different than other essays you have written.
- Explain what literary concept, definition, technique or conflict you found most confusing. What did you do to try to understand that subject?
- Ask your professor questions about problems or issues you encountered during the writing process of your draft assignment. Take advantage of this opportunity to explain the challenges you faced so your instructor can provide advice to assist you.
- Share a success you experienced when creating your draft. Why do you see it as a positive move forward in your writing process and your analysis/understanding of a text?